Full course description
Emotional intelligence (EI) is our ability to identify and control our emotions to achieve positive outcomes in our relationships. Project managers with high EI are better equipped to deal with team members, vendors, stakeholders, and sponsors and to handle and resolve conflicts. This course reviews the underlying concepts of emotional intelligence and explores how project managers can improve, and make use, of their emotional intelligence.
- Discuss the role of emotional intelligence for managers and project managers
- Explain why improving emotional intelligence can improve managerial performance
- Recognize the importance of emotional intelligence in successful project management
- Discuss the nine key EI factors
- Apply EI factors to project scenarios