This course contains an introduction to the key concepts of cryptography and security engineering. It examines the role of encryption in information security and considers common encryption methods. In addition, the course discusses ciphers, their substitutes, and how they work. Public key infrastructure and management is also covered. This course requires a basic understanding of IT concepts.
- Understand how cryptography works and its role in information security
- Compare and contrast different ciphers and explain how they work
- Create substitution ciphers and encode and decode cleartext and ciphertext
- Discuss how encryption enables secure transmission of sensitive data
- Explain and compare symmetric and asymmetric cryptography
- Describe the role of public key infrastructure and key management
PMI PDUs: 5Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 2Technical PM PDUs: 3IACET CEUs: .5 (Contact Hours: 5 hours)HRCI Credits: 5 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)SHRM PDCs: 5