This course covers security assessment and testing, focusing on potential disruptions that can affect organizations and how they can be addressed with assessments and plans. Students will have the opportunity to practice how to assess the impact of disasters that may arise as well as to develop their own versions of these plans. This course requires a basic understanding of IT concepts.
- Relate the many potential disasters and disruptions that can impact organizations and their information systems
- Describe the steps required in conducting a business impact assessment
- Explain the difference between a business continuity plan and a disaster recovery plan
- Discuss different recovery strategies and how they fit into disaster recovery planning
- Understand the business continuity organization and its responsibilities
- Prepare a business continuity and disaster recovery planDiscuss how organizations test their BCPs and DRPs, and perform different exercises to prepare for disruptions
PMI PDUs: 5Leadership PDUs: 0.5Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 1.5Technical PM PDUs: 3IACET CEUs: .5 (Contact Hours: 5 hours)HRCI Credits: 5 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)SHRM PDCs: 5