PM Skills: Team Development
Time limit: 90 days
Full course description
Effective project leaders rely on their project teams to complete work in a timely manner, but often, these teams need coaching and training that will encourage them to work together to achieve their objectives. The members of a project team could be talented individuals, but the team may need to be shaped into a unit that acts collaboratively to meet a project's goals.
This self-paced, fully online course will help learners enhance their team's ability to work cooperatively by clearly defining roles and responsibilities and inviting team members to play to each other's strengths. Learners will create, implement, and evaluate development programs that will help team members advance and improve and will learn to capitalize on team dynamic concepts to achieve success by better understanding team interactions.
- Understand how project teams are formed
- Identify how different learning styles affect the way teams learn
- Distinguish between training and development
- Assess and analyze training and development programs
- Describe and conduct alternative types of training
- Apply team-building and team-dynamics concepts in a training approach
- Understand how to effectively coach and empower team members
- Work effectively with virtual teams
- Transform a work group into a high-performing team
PMI PDUs: 3Leadership PDUs: 2Technical PM PDUs: 1IACET CEUs: 0.3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)HRCI Credits: 3.00 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)SHRM PDCs: 3