In recent years, views of leadership have changed. Today there is a greater understanding of the varieties of leadership in business, government, education, healthcare, and not-for-profit organizations, as well as in more personal areas like team leadership and family settings.
As a project leader, honing your leadership skills will allow you to successfully meet project objectives while motivating and engaging your team. Improving your leadership skills will enhance your standing as an asset to your organization while fostering team, project, and organizational evolution.
- Define leadership and the bases of leadership
- Describe authority, commitment, and the qualities of leadership
- Differentiate between leadership and management
- Identify effective leadership skills and practices
- Analyze common leadership pitfalls
- Examine various leadership styles
- Employ effective delegation skills and identify areas where delegated authority could be applied
- Recognize the role that ethical leadership plays in building an organizational culture
- Understand virtual teams and proper productivity tools
- Describe accountability and communication best practices to successfully lead teams
- Demonstrate and model effective leadership qualities as you interact with your teammates, coworkers, and colleagues
PMI PDUs: 3Leadership PDUs: 2.50Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 0.25Technical PM PDUs: 0.25IACET CEUs: 0.3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)HRCI Credits: 3.00 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)SHRM PDCs: 3