PM Skills: Interaction and Engagement
Time limit: 90 days
Full course description
As a project leader, your project's stakeholders are some of your greatest assets. However, those assets are only valuable if you collaborate with and involve them on a regular basis. Customers, colleagues, team members, management, the community at large—they all have something to offer, but to capitalize on these resources, you'll need effective interaction and continuous stakeholder engagement to uncover their true worth.
This self-paced, fully online course will help you successfully collaborate with your stakeholders to improve your chances for project success. You'll learn to identify, analyze, manage, and encourage your stakeholder groups to be an integral part of your project's outcomes. And you'll see how meaningful interaction and engagement can strengthen cooperative efforts and enhance results to exceed expectations and requirements.
- Recognize the different categories of stakeholders
- Identify and engage with those stakeholders to enhance project success
- Construct a communication plan that fosters stakeholder and employee interaction and engagement
- Employ tools and techniques to help you analyze stakeholders and manage their involvement
- Explain how power, urgency, and legitimacy affect stakeholder status
- Differentiate between push, pull, and interactive communication
- View employees and customers as important stakeholders whose needs must be taken into consideration
- Describe how to encourage employee involvement and foster favorable project performance
PMI PDUs: 3Leadership PDUs: 1.5Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 0.75Technical PM PDUs: 0.75IACET CEUs: 0.3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)HRCI Credits: 3.00 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)SHRM PDCs: 3