PM Skills: Embracing Risk and Uncertainty
Time limit: 90 days
Full course description
To efficiently lead projects, project managers need more than tools and techniques—they need skills that allow them to assess data and information and to make the most appropriate and effective decisions possible. They need to ask the right questions that will help them diagnose problems and make the right choices to propel teams to successful outcomes.
This self-paced, fully online course will guide learners through a systematic decision-making process for making carefully considered choices and reaching fully examined conclusions. It will help to refine and develop critical thinking and reasoning skills that will enable project leaders to assess options, generate plans of action, and put their teams in positions to succeed.
- Define critical thinking and explain how it can be used to enhance decision making
- Describe the steps that teams and individuals use to make effective decisions
- Identify and overcome barriers to critical thinking
- Articulate the role that uncertainty and risk play in the decision-making process
- Employ a systematic decision-making model that will help move projects forward
PMI PDUs: 3Leadership PDUs: 1.5Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 0.75Technical PM PDUs: 0.75IACET CEUs: .3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)HRCI Credits: 3.00 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)SHRM PDCs: 3