Communication is a critical aspect of any successful project. Effective project teams communicate continuously, to share knowledge, clarify project objectives, and address issues. Project practitioners spend a large amount of their time engaged in interpersonal communication activities, ensuring that information is widely distributed and participants are kept up to date on all project objectives. But some project participants may not have the required expertise or ability to communicate effectively.
This self-paced, fully online course will help project leaders understand and coordinate verbal and written forms of communication within and between project teams. It will help focus and clarify communication techniques and allow clear, concise, and direct interactions among all project practitioners and stakeholders.
- Employ effective interactive communication as a project leader
- Implement the correct communication models and methods to ensure a proficient transfer of information
- Manage project communications using appropriate written, verbal, and nonverbal communication media
- Integrate collaborative communication best practices into project team activities and stakeholder interactions
- Encourage open communication techniques among project participants
- Exhibit cultural sensitivity when communicating with diverse project groups
- Recognize and address dysfunctional communication patterns among project practitioners
- Identify potential communication issues and resolve them successfully
PMI PDUs: 3Leadership PDUs: 1.5Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 0.75Technical PM PDUs: 0.75IACET CEUs: .3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)HRCI Credits: 3.00 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)SHRM PDCs: 3