This online course focuses on how project managers can resolve conflicts in a project setting. Any time you convene a group of people to work together as closely as project teams do, conflicts are bound to happen. Project team members will likely have different views, personalities, and work styles that may clash as project objectives and goals are pursued.
- Identify the stages of conflict
- Recognize the structural differences that can cause conflict
- Distinguish between different conflict types and apply strategies to resolve them
- Describe how concern for oneself and concern for others interact to create different styles for dealing with conflict
- Compare different negotiation styles and describe when each should be used
- Demonstrate how power and BATNA can be used as tools during negotiations
- PMI PDUs: 2Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 1.25Technical PM PDUs: 0.75HRCI Credits: 2 (Type: General)SHRM PDCs: 2