One well-known business saying is that you can't manage what you can't measure. With the growing importance of sustainable management, business leaders must find the appropriate tools and techniques for measuring their organization's sustainability performance. This course reviews the measurement of sustainable management practices and performance.
- Explain how managers can model and measure sustainable management practices
- Discuss how strategic performance measurements, including the balanced scorecard and Shareholder Value Analysis, can be employed in looking at corporate sustainability efforts
- Outline how accounting systems, including activity-based costing, life-cycle costing, and full cost accounting can be used in assessing sustainability
- Understand methods of calculating return on investment for sustainability decisions and green capital investments
- Discuss measuring and reporting sustainability to government and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs)
- Recognize best practices for measuring sustainable management efforts
Credentials:IACET CEUs: .3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)HRCI Credits: 3 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)SHRM PDCs: 3