If you're a manager and have not had any management coursework or experience, you may be looking for some foundation in management basics. This course considers the fundamentals of management and how managers can be effective in organizational settings. Starting by defining the role of a manager and how management differs from leadership and administration, the course then discusses management styles and seeks to help you identify your own management style.
- Define the role of management and managers in an organization
- Distinguish between management, leadership, and administration in theory and in practice
- Explain the three general management styles (authoritarian, participative, and empowerment) and their respective uses
- Identify your views on hierarchy and management
- Understand the roles of individual contributors and managers and how they differ
- Identify your own approach toward managing (including personal effectiveness and enjoyment)
PMI PDUs: 5Leadership PDUs: 2.5Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 1.5Technical PM PDUs: 1IACET CEUs: .5 (Contact Hours: 5 hours)HRCI Credits: 5 (Type: General)SHRM PDCs: 5