Leaders and Work-Life Balance
Time limit: 90 days
Full course description
Why can it be so difficult to balance our work with our personal lives? And can these pressures be managed in a way that can make you more successful at both? Yes. This introductory course is meant for anyone who recognizes work-life balance as a skill and wants to improve their ability to create this balance. This course looks at methods and techniques to reconcile work and family. You will also consider the question of personal fulfillment and the needs and demands of leadership.
This course is based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Leadership: How to Lead, How to Live, a text used at Harvard Business School. Excerpts of the book are made available via PDF download and no additional purchase is required.
- Identify the major sources of work-life balance conflict
- Discuss the myths about work-life balance including the "make time later," division of labor, and "quality time" myths
- Identify strategies to achieve balance, including balancing by week, over a year, and via a short career
- Recognize ways to maintain work-life balance
- Examine what defines personal fulfillment
- Identify those significant elements that play a role in a leader's life
- Identify nine ways of viewing life's choices
- Develop and complete a Personal Work-Life Balance Plan
Estimated length: 3 hours
Access Time: 90 days
PMI PDUs: 3Leadership PDUs: 1Technical PM PDUs: 2IACET CEUs: .3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)HRCI Credits: 3 (Type: General)SHRM PDCs: 3