*One of seven courses included in the Certificate in Managing Change and Resolving Conflict. (Course not available for individual sale.)
Leaders and manager are often called upon to deal with the challenging impacts of change, to work through disputes with partners and customers, and to resolve conflict within the organization.
This brief introductory course focuses on the context of leading and managing when there is disagreement and discord, within and without the organization.
- Explore the importance of emotional intelligence in dealing with difficult issues in the workplace
- Identify the ten factors in resistance to change
- Explain why change efforts fail
- Discuss best practices in leading change
- Explore the differences in leading change in different sectors (nonprofit, for profit, etc.)
- Outline the five stages of conflict (latent, perceived, felt, manifest, aftermath)
- Explain the eight causes of conflict (Bell and Hart)
- Discuss the five conflict handling modes (competing, collaborating, compromising, avoiding, and accommodating)
- Explain the organizational framework for conflict resolution
Estimated length: 0.5 hours
Access Time: 90 days