This completely online and self-paced one-module course utilizes Inc. Magazine's prize-winning editorial content to introduce basic concepts of human resources management, including recruiting; onboarding; talent development; and company culture. The focus is on providing practical, hands-on advice to entrepreneurs and small-business people, including video segments with analysis and commentary from industry-leading practitioners and subject matter experts. The course also offers real-world examples, how-to lists and advice, interactive games, and review questions to ensure mastery of the material.
- Decide which Human Resources functions you should outsource
- Decide what kind of help you need—employee or contractor?
- Write a job description
- Recruit job candidates online
- Set up a compensation plan aligned with your strategic goals
- Develop a system for onboarding new employees
- Decide what types of education and training will strengthen your company's performance
- Give feedback and evaluate employee performance
- Build a strong company culture
- Identify star employees with the potential for leadership
- Mentor rising star talent
PMI PDUs: 3Leadership PDUs: 1.5Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 1Technical PM PDUs: 0.5IACET CEUs: .3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)HRCI Credits: 3 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)SHRM PDCs: 3