In this simulation, you've been named the project manager on a new product development project at HealthMax Software. The goal of the project is to develop HealthRecords, a new medical records software system. For HealthMax, a small company, the success of this project has become vital to its long-term viability. It is now March, and the plan is to have three satisfied early-adopter customers and a product that is ready to launch at a major trade show in June of next year. The schedule is tight, and the budget for the project has been set with no possibility of an increase.
- Leading a project team
- Balancing competing interests, such as project scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources, risk, and communication
- Dealing with controversial decisions and the potential for negative team or customer outcomes
- Analyzing schedule, budget, and quality data and using that information to make educated decisions
- Addressing issues related to project procurement
- Facing challenges related to project planning, project execution, and project monitoring and control
PMI PDUs: 10Leadership PDUs: 6Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 2Technical PM PDUs: 2IACET CEUs: 1 (Contact Hours: 10 hours)HRCI Credits: 10 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)SHRM PDCs: 10