The safety of employees should be a primary concern for employers. Human resource managers play a crucial role in ensuring workplaces are not only as safe as possible, but also in compliance with safety-related rules and guidelines. This course introduces various workplace hazards and health issues and explores the relationship between employers and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Explain the importance of workplace safety from an organizational and ethical perspective
- Describe the key provisions of occupational safety laws
- Navigate OSHA standards, investigations, and recordkeeping protocols
- Understand the rights of employees and employers protected by OSHA
- Recognize the types of workplace hazards from which workers should be shielded
- Explain workplace issues surrounding substance abuse and stress
IACET CEUs: .3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)HRCI Credits: 3 (Type: General)SHRM PDCs: 3