This course introduces cybersecurity concepts to those who work in the field of human resources. Particular focus is placed on working in conjunction with more technical departments in delivering to employees effective training and policies regarding corporate security. The course also engages learners on security concerns specific to the type of data handled by human resources departments.
- Exhibit a foundational understanding of cybersecurity
- Responsibly advocate for HR's role in cybersecurity policy and training
- Develop the communication tools necessary to interface with technical and security professionals in the workplace
- Identify major legislation in relation to workplace cybersecurity
- Enumerate specific programs that HR professionals should implement in regard to employee training and motivation for cybersecurity
- Display the knowledge and mindset to participate in strategic planning around the topics of cybersecurity, governance, incident response, and business continuity
PMI PDUs: 3Leadership PDUs: 1.50Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 1.25Technical PM PDUs: 0.25IACET CEUs: .3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)HRCI Credits: 3 (Type: General)SHRM PDCs: 3