Full course description
In this simulation, you've been named the project manager on a highway construction project in the small city of Allerton. This project is considered to be a "major project" by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), which means it has a budget of $500 million or more. Over the course of the project, you'll make a series of decisions, each of which will impact the project in different ways. As you make these decisions, an adaptive scoreboard will reflect the impact of your choices on project success.
- Leading a project team
- Balancing competing interests, such as project scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources, risk, and communications
- Dealing with controversial decisions and the potential for negative team or customer outcomes
- Analyzing schedule, budget, and quality data and using that information to make educated decisions
- Addressing issues related to project procurement
- Facing challenges related to project planning, project execution, and project monitoring and control