Full course description
- Define web analytics.
- Define key terms used in web analytics.
- Explain how web analytics evolved.
- Discuss how different organizations use web analytics.
- Identify who uses web analytics in an organization.
- Explain the difference between search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM)
- Describe the difference between metrics and KPIs.
- Describe what segmentation is and how it can improve the usability of a website.
- Describe what dashboards are and why they are useful.
- Identify what should go into a dashboard.
- Define the difference between implicit and explicit data.
- Explain the use of dynamic content.
- Describe landing page optimization best practices.
- Articulate the importance of experimentation and testing in web analytics.
- Explain the differences between A/B and multivariate testing.
- Identify where a visitor is in the buying cycle and purchase funnel.
- Define common e-commerce metrics.
- Describe how surveys and qualitative information is used in web analytics.
- Identify when it is appropriate to include developers and page tagging.
Estimated length: 3.5 hours
Access time: 90 days
0.35 CEUs | 3 PDUs | 3.5 SHRMs